It's an exciting time to be on the Amazon Live team. We are looking for a Sr. Product Designer who is passionate about UX design, understanding user behavior, and solving customer problems and has disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver innovative online shopping experiences for millions of customers.
Our group was formed to leverage video as a medium to help drive product sales. This is a unique opportunity to build a product-focused streaming video program for brands that sell on Amazon, influencers that produce engaging content. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As a user experience designer, you will be responsible for driving design deliverables such as user interface designs, interaction models, and prototypes for new and innovative shopping experiences. You will have comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality. You will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as skilled in using data to make decisions and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prototype in HTML, Axure, or Flash
• Mobile and Tablet design experience across multiple formats
• Passion for digital marketing and metrics
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
• 2+ years experience as a Lead/Senior creative contributor
• 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, web designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience