Are you a systems administrator, software developer, or IT support specialist who loves delighting customers and wants to deepen their experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies? If so, the Curriculum Engineering team at AWS Training & Certification needs your help! The AWS Training & Certification group creates world-class training that enables our customers to build complex, scalable solutions on top of AWS. The Curriculum Engineering team creates and maintains the software tools that enable the rapid development, revision, and deployment of curriculum materials and lab environments.
As demand for AWS training continues to grow, our worldwide customer base needs engineers who stand ready to investigate and resolve complex technical issues with student lab environments at a moment's notice. As a Lab Support Engineer on the Curriculum Engineering team, you will be the first point of contact for students and Technical Trainers who require assistance with lab environments that make extensive use of AWS technologies. You will support our organization's internal tools for curriculum publication and lab hosting (all built on top of AWS), and will also have a chance to contribute to the development and technical direction of our training architecture as it evolves to meet customer need.
This position must be located in Luxembourg
· Assist customers and Technical Trainers with any and all technical issues related to running lab environments from our Instructor Led Training course catalog (15+ courses, 100+ labs) and our Self-Paced Lab catalog (100+ labs). You will develop and use your technical knowledge of the AWS platform to resolve customer issues with lab content, as well as to resolve issues with the underlying lab hosting platform itself.
· Assist with the planning, resource allocation, and advance testing for large-scale events, such as AWS re:Invent and regional AWS Summits. You will use tools such as AWS CloudFormation to build out and execute tests to verify AWS capacity and lab environment stability in advance of the events.
· Provide real-time support of lab environments. You will be responsible for pre-warming and launching anywhere from hundreds to thousands of student lab environments in advance of the start of an event, and will continue to monitor environment health and stability of both lab environments and the underlying AWS services they use as the day progresses.
· Assist Curriculum Developers, Solutions Architects, Curriculum Lab Developers and other Subject Matter Experts with the use of our curriculum publication tools.
· Monitor and respond to issues with our suite of tools that support curriculum publication and deployment. You will use native AWS tools such as AWS CloudWatch to monitor the continued smooth operation of our Jenkins-based CI/CD system for curriculum publication. You will respond to issue tickets logged against this and other tools, and will create, test, and release fixes to production using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Python, and Windows PowerShell.
· Assist in defining and prioritizing our backlog of outstanding feature requests for our internal tools to provide maximum value to multiple stakeholders throughout AWS.
· Propose and implement new tools and technologies that simplify the publication, monitoring and maintenance of AWS training curriculum.
· Meticulous attention to detail and sense of urgency
· Demonstrated customer obsession
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of project stakeholders
· Some travel required (10-20%)
Ideal candidate profile
· 5-7 years' experience in IT as a Systems Administrator, Software Developer or Software Engineer
· 3-5 years' experience in a technical support role
· BS (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems OR 2+ years completed education combined with 5+ years professional experience in IT/Engineering role
· 3+ years knowledge of one or more modern programming languages (e.g., Java, C#, Python, Ruby, PowerShell
· 3+ years' experience with of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment platforms, particularly Jenkins