Please submit your CV for this role in English.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people. If you would like to help us build Amazon Web Services, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for a Cable Technician with a progressive career history in structured cabling. Our Cabling Infrastructure team is responsible for driving low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
This role offers challenge and opportunity for experienced cabling professionals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer experience, drive global innovation through structured cabling contributions.
· Installation of network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment
· Reporting current status via ticketing system, status reports, and email
· Manages multiple concurrent interdisciplinary projects and ability to work in a team
· Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain collocation space cleanliness
· Inventory, track and manage project related materials throughout project lifecycle
· Follow all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices
· Provides daily feedback on project progress to Project Manager / Foreman
· Manage, check and coordinate all materials to be delivered to site daily
· Two to five years of structured cabling experience
· Complete understanding of industry cable test procedures and equipment for a variety of different cabling systems (Copper/Fiber test equipment, OTDR, Network analyzer, vfl etc.)
· Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and building documentation/redline work
· Good grasp of written and spoken English
· Possession of problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s)
· Thorough understanding of Cat 5e, Cat 6 and OM3/4 – OS2 fiber optic cabling systems
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
· Proper use of all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks
· Possession of a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record to check to operate company vehicles
· Ability to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 40 pounds and move up to 50 pounds
· Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s)
· Ability to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed
· Ability to work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions
· Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
· Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time