Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
· Ensures all facilities are operated and maintained in alignment with established standards and procedures. Further develops standards and procedures as business and customer needs evolve.
· Manage facility and equipment repairs and service, develop preventative maintenance schedules
· Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
· Develops, cultivates and owns key relationships with Landlords, Property Management companies and third party service providers and vendors.
· Partners with other GREF (Global Real Estate & Facilities) team to ensure capital projects, operations projects and re-configurations are managed successfully with outstanding customer service
· Partners with GREF Program Managers to support programs such as reception, mail/post services, space management, moving services and parking.
· Drive and support strategic initiatives
· Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Corporate Security, Safety/Emergency Preparedness, etc.
· Participate in any site level facility emergency
· Experience handling and disposing of biohazardous material
· Preparation of annual budget, oversight and management, with emphasis on managing spend of vendor partners to ensure compliance with Amazon spending and transaction policies.
· Review annual budget development, financial variance reports and operations analysis.
· Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships with team and customers (Amazon employees).
· Responsible for managing small operations-based projects
· Partner with Workplace teams on new initiatives, site retrofits, etc
· Conducts regular, formal site condition inspections and solutions systemic deficiencies identified
· Collaborate with global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
· Owns monthly/quarterly reporting to business leaders to include updates on transactions, projects, and operations.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years professional experience in one or more of the following fields: facilities management, office management, corporate administrative services, and/or hospitality management
· Experience building and managing a team or department