Amazon is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented, and service-oriented Executive Assistant to support the Office of General Counsel. This position will partner with the current Executive Assistant in providing collaborative support of management activities and operations in support of General Counsel and the Legal Department.
The successful candidate will exercise grace under pressure, thrive in a team environment, be resourceful, and possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance. He or she will react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and if necessary take effective action in ambiguous circumstances. This position requires exceptionally sound judgment, outstanding time management skills, and the ability to build effective and trust-based working relationships across the company. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior leaders inside and outside the company are critical. Organizational awareness, accurate prioritization skills, and superior attention to detail are indispensable.
Responsibilities include the management of complex calendars and travel, reconciliation of expense reports, planning events, program management of high visibility projects from conception to completion, and working collaboratively with assistants throughout the department, Amazon, and outside of Amazon. This role will be ever-evolving to continually meet the demands of a C-level office and requires someone with the vision and experience to help develop recommendations that contribute to a dynamic, well-run workplace.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
• Jointly coordinate the day-to-day schedule and prioritization of administrative activities
• Follow through with allocated tasks and ensure appropriate and timely action on deliverables
• Act as liaison between the senior management team and their staff
• Work collaboratively with other assistants throughout the Legal team and across the rest of the company
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
• 5+ years of experience assisting at the senior leadership level
• Microsoft Outlook is essential, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
• High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· U.S. citizenship or permanent residency