Are you always looking around corners and anticipating needs? Do you believe that details matter and want to support a highly engaged team?
We are looking for an exceptionally bright, well organized and self-motivated Executive Assistant to become part of our Worldwide Public Sector Team here at Amazon Web Services. We are seeking a driven, bright, and motivated individual with a history of high performance to support our organization. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organization and prioritization skills, the ability to plan ahead and to meet tight deadlines, all while juggling multiple critical requests.
A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with leaders (at and outside Amazon) is important, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction seamlessly. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and want to take on varied and exciting new projects and learn new skills. You'll need to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play a leadership role, to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
· Manage complex calendars and scheduling with diplomacy and discretion.
· Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, on-sites/off-sites, team social events, etc.)
· Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed travel itineraries both domestic and international (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process. Submit expense reports in a timely fashion.
· Coordinate closely with Finance team, other Recruiting teams, Facilities team, HR team, and other Executive Assistants within the Amazon community.
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
· Have fun at work and help others do the same!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
· Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of experience as an administrative assistant
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
· Experience with reconciling expenses, booking travel and attention to detail