The AWS Central Economist team is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to support a Vice President and Director. This role requires superior attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of humor. The Executive Assistant will act as an extension of the leaders, and will work closely with other Executive Assistants in the team, and within the AWS business.
The successful candidate will need to understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs, and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. The person in this role should possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, and react with appropriate urgency to situations that may require a quick turnaround. This person will be able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department, or other related groups.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to think and plan ahead and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
· Assist with organizing and executing team activities (staff meeting agendas, all hands meetings, off sites, and team social events)
· Act as a liaison for leader's direct reports
· Attending key team meetings, tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
· Travel coordination
· Expense reports
· Partnering in space management, including moves and reconfigurations. Acts as main point of contact for space related needs for the Economist team.
· This position will work with other assistants throughout the Finance team, AWS, and across the rest of the company
· Assist in goal tracking, team communication, and project work as necessary
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years' experience supporting Senior Leadership
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is essential, as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
· Previous experience with complex calendar management, large scale meeting coordination and travel management
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Positive, proactive, very detail oriented and driven to succeed