Do you like Amazon Alexa and would like to be part of the team that helps customers communicate with friends, families and businesses using Alexa?
The Alexa Communications team is looking for an Executive Assistant to support two Directors and also act as an Operations Manager, helping the organization to run smoothly and effectively. We are seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual who has superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the complete picture.
The ability to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively are critical for success in this role. Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities are important as this position will work closely with other assistants across various organizations within Amazon as well as other partner companies.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Plan annual calendars, developing/driving project work plans for business activities, tracking and ensuring completion of key deliverables, and ensuring timely follow up on action items
· Anticipate challenges and plan accordingly ahead of need outside of core scheduling functions (talent development, recruiting pipelines, space planning, etc.
· Drive key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, supply ordering)
· Attend select meetings in order to track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
· Schedule travel and process associated expense reports in a timely manner
· Collaborate with other assistants throughout the Alexa org and across the rest of the company
· Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in executive productivity and communications, and the overall organization's effectiveness and health
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience supporting Director level executives
· Experience scheduling meetings and managing calendars across multiple time zones
· Experience planning international travel and coordinating meetings and events with participants traveling from other countries
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
· Experience working with Assistants at partner companies for coordinating business meetings.