Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout .
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
The Amazon Scout team is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking, and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support the two Directors on the leadership team. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight timelines and handle multiple urgent requests successfully. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance or supervision, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, react with the appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and be skilled at anticipating problems. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. A calm and unflappable demeanor and great sense of humor are key.
We work with multiple stakeholders across the operations and engineering teams: therefore it is essential to have the ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group. Other key responsibilities include:
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
· Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization
· Organize, execute, and assist with team meetings (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, executive reviews)
· Tracking and helping drive completion team status updates, key deliverables, and following up on outstanding items
· Acting as a liaison for direct reports
· Updating team organizational charts
· Manage domestic and international travel
· Manage expense report coordination and submission
· Organize, execute and assist with team social events, activities and employee recognition
· Have fun at work and help others do the same
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
· Positive, proactive and able to exercise great judgment consistently
· Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills are required
· Experience interacting with confidential information and interfacing with various stakeholders
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word skills
· Bachelor's degree required