Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using the world's most advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? Come join the team as a Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Manila, Philippines!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB & RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, etc.) within large strategic accounts. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will...
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems for AWS.
Candidates should have experience in most of the following areas:
· Work experience in Philippines. Background in enterprise customer fronting technical engagements preferred.
· Speaking and presentation skills – Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking.
· Technical – Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
· Operations and Security – Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
· Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis.
· Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Ideal candidate profile
· This position is based in Manila, Philipines.
· Some travel may be required
· The right person will possess 14+ years of hands on enterprise or cloud experience.
· The successful candidate will have spent at least 5 years of their career in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with Enterprise customers and partners.
· Experience working with end user or developers communities.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. Past experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers desirable.
· BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus