Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contributes to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. The Prime Video and Music Economist team is looking for an Economist to support strategic projects in Amazon Studios business. The Amazon Studios team is chartered to produce original content in service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like Transparent and marvelous Mrs Maisel and ground-breaking, popular shows like Jack Ryan, The Boys and Carnival Row.
As an economist focusing on Amazon Studios, you will be responsible for understanding the value that the business creates for our customers and to develop new, disruptive innovations to grow global Amazon Original viewership and customer value. This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methods to large amount of individual level data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
· Build scalable analytic solutions using state of the art tools based on large datasets
· Build econometric models, conduct statistical/machine learning analyses, or design experiments to measure the value of the business and its many features
· Partner closely with Business, Finance, Science, and Tech partners to build prototypes and implement production solutions
· Independently identify new opportunities for leveraging economic insights and models in the Video business
· Develop and execute product workplans from concept, prototype to production incorporating feedback from customers, scientists and business leaders
· Write both technical white papers and business-facing documents to clearly explain complex technical concepts to audiences with diverse business/scientific backgrounds
Ideal candidate profile
· Ph.D. in economics or highly related finance field
· +1 years work experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting
· Experience in working with big datasets.
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python is required