Are you passionate about understanding customer behavior, explaining actions and measuring outcomes to inform and optimize Amazon programs? Do you get excited about guiding the business on what makes shopping easier, personalized and effective for every Amazon customer? Amazon Assistant is changing the way customers shop online and provides contextually relevant, predictive and personalized shopping help whenever and wherever the customer is. Amazon Assistant brings Amazon to customers on any device to offer true shopping assistance anywhere they shop off-Amazon.
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist who can help ensure our experience on Amazon Assistant and onsite is creating long-term value for our customers. This person will be responsible for architecting insights and systems to anticipate which features will drive more traffic to Amazon overall and for upper funnel discovery and inspiration. This person will also be responsible for designing experiments and devising frameworks that measure the short-term and long-term impact of our marketing activities, product features and CX on customers' shopping habits, spending patterns and price perception. Finally, this person would also derive insights using our existing data and experiments to inform new innovation and direction for Amazon Assistant and internal partner teams.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics, having hands-on experience with multiple improvement initiatives as well as balancing technical and business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies. You will leverage data, experimental design, and analytics to help define new ways to evaluate, visualize and predict to understand outcome and decisions on how to improve customer engagement across customer lifecycle segments. The candidate needs experience with data science / business intelligence, analytics, and reporting systems while striving for simplicity, and demonstrating significant creativity and high judgment backed by statistical proof.
The ideal candidate should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and use appropriate statistical and econometric techniques to derive insights and recommendations to leadership. You should excel at bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics
· 5+ years' of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python, R), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· 2+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, analysis, and communication
· A natural curiosity and desire to learn
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams, and business audiences