Data Center Technicians are Amazon's front line in AWS regions when it comes to handling the entire life cycle of a rack. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
Our technicians have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
*Take ownership of technical issues, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
*Perform physical replacement of server and network device parts
*Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
*Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
*Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
* Ensuring organizational capability to react & respond appropriately to any potential customer-impacting event on any server or network component
*Improve effectiveness through process innovation
Shift work is required. Local travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
A valid driver license is required as the Data Centers may not have any public transportation available nearby.
· Good verbal and written English communication skills
· Basic Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
· Limited Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
· Limited Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
· Strong Communication Skills
· Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
* This role involves covering 24x7 shift rotation