Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer (FR/EN)
About the job
AWS isn’t a start-up, but that doesn’t stop us from acting like one. We set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pursue unexpected paths and try to see things differently. We don’t just sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we’re on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a company where every day is full of challenging and meaningful work.
AWS Professional Services Team engages in a wide variety of cloud projects using the DevOps model, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We view the DevOps model as a combination of cultural philosophy practices, technologies, and tools that helps customers deliver end-to-end solutions safely and at high velocity. We’re obsessed about delivering high quality for our Customers and Partners, and use DevOps models, practices, and tools along with expertise from across the AWS organization to provide customers with the best possible outcomes.
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you are a leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role with significant technical, automation, and programming experience.
You will guide customers on designing, configuring and deploying their cloud applications and infrastructure with continuous integration, and delivery pipeline. You have an excellent communication skills and previous experience in cloud platform and software development cycle.
In this role, you will spend most of your day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and C-Levels. You will contribute to customer adoption of AWS Cloud as they execute practical and useful solutions. You will work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially nationally. As such, you may be required to travel to customer locations to deliver professional services as needed.
Our credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do. You will be dynamic and creative, willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for our customers and partners.
· Manage large projects or smaller engagements independently using your business and technical skills
· Deliver DevOps best practices recommendations and highly technical implementations with cross-product integrations based on customer needs
· Share AWS best practices with customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and conduct one-to-few and one-to-many workshop sessions to transfer knowledge to customers
· Build deep relationships with our customers across the board and become a technical advisor solving complex Cloud DevOps challenges
· Write or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blog posts
· Work with the AWS professional services leadership team to hire, develop, train, and promote the DevOps practice within AWS.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· Hands-on experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible in production environments
· Hands-on experience with continuous integration services like Code Deploy, Jenkins, Bamboo and Artifactory
· Deep understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
· AWS Developer and DevOps Engineer certified or similar certifications or equivalent practical experience
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts to executives, IT Management, and developers
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience in a customer-facing role driving customer technical implementations
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders (technical or non-technical)
· Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently