Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
6 vacancies for a job of Entry-Level Embedded Software Engineer (m/f) have arisen in Airbus Commercial Toulouse.
You will join the 'Avionics Software' department, within 'Avionics and Simulation products' engineering domain.
This organization is an in-house avionics equipment and simulators supplier. Engineers in this domain are responsible for the design, the development, the production and the support of critical embedded products (e.g. Flight Controls, Flight Warning, Communication, Maintenance equipment) for all Airbus aircraft.
This organization is also Chamber of Reference on Software and Electronics thanks to accomplished and experienced teams. The scope of activities also extends to other Airbus divisions and partners in some cases.
You will be in charge of developing the avionics real-time software, implementing all the steps of the development cycle process and the associated software engineering regarding methods and tools.
You will join a software team in charge of the development of the software components which are part of embedded avionics applications such as Flight Controls, to run on specific or modular hardware platforms.
In an environment with industrial and certification constraints (DO178B and C, DAL A to C software), you will:
· Develop embedded real-time software following development process from the high-level specification analysis to the integration and the validation on the definitive hardware.
· Value the customer needs and challenge them to propose common and reusable solutions.
· Achieve the integration and verification activities with the hardware using test means such as probes, bus analyzers and emulators.
· Ensure the related support activity: failure report analysis, answer to technical requests.
· Improve the ways of working; bring new design solutions and technologies.
· Manage the subcontracted activities and deliverables, in conformity with the subcontracting management rules.
· Manage your activities following the expected schedule, budget and quality.
· Participate to the improvement of the Department performance.
You will also participate to some software Chamber of Reference activities, such as assessments of Airbus equipment suppliers.
You will report to a manager accountable for set of avionics software products inside an agile organisation with dynamic role assignments.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· 5 years' Degree in Engineering
· Real-time embedded software development
· V cycle development process (specification, architecture, design, coding, integration, verification, support)
· Programming languages: C or C++
· Software engineering methods and tools
· Open mindset and good team working
Follow skills would be additional assets:
· Programming languages: Assembler
· Real-time embedded software qualification and certification (DO178-C) experience
· Low-Layers software skills: Operating system, Computers architecture, Processors architecture
· Agile development process experience
· Negotiation level of English and French
· You are recognized for being a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.