Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott's Experience Design Operations Team is looking for an experienced UX Design Analyst to help us lead Abbott design products, work with UX design partners, keep projects organized, focused, efficient and create desirable and usable product experiences. You will be responsible for our UX design teams in advanced projects through Design Operations, Leading UX product streams, providing design reviews, process improvements, project planning, resourcing, schedule management and working cross-functionally throughout our organization.
This is a job that gives you the chance to grow your career as part of a newly formed experience design operations team and make a Global impact. For us, the ideal candidate is a curious, driven, collaborative person who can implement operational best practices for our product design process across a diverse range of projects, platforms, and regions. We love what we do and want someone who's as passionate, motivated, organized, curious and wants to be a part of a global team driving change.
- Work closely with design agency partners on daily basis.
- Be the user advocate. Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead the interface design process and coordinate with development teams to ensure designs are implemented correctly
- Contribute to design standards and promote user-centered design throughout the organization
- Help build a roadmap for an innovative and holistic user experience across the product portfolio
- Develop user-centered guidelines, standards, and design processes and integrate them into the product development lifecycle
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to understand and document business and functional requirements related to the end-user experience
- Understand user needs based on business and functional requirements, user research, market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Work collaboratively with key design agencies, development engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to build scalable solutions to improve the user experience
- Work with Agency and partners to Develop user interaction and interface deliverables, including sketches, wireframes, and visual designs
- Build strong relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization
- Participate in the process of collecting feedback from client teams and other stakeholders
- Participate in the design and implementation of user research and usability testing to better understand end-user needs
- Ensure that third-party applications and products are customized to deliver a consistent end-user experience
- Be a hub of communication between the UX teams and across other functions - managing expectations, stakeholder communications, and design delivery status.
- Lead UX Design Operations, conducting and/or reviewing analysis and research, lead design reviews and provide input on best UX practices.
- Manage project schedules focusing on regular and timely delivery; organize and lead project status and working meetings and manage and communicate risks
- Manage expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications and help implement an effective system of project status tracking.
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Ability to do hands on UX/UI work - Create deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Experience and drive to facilitate Product Design workshops, Inceptions, Design Sprints.
- Gathers collaborative information to translate high level process goals into specific sub-processes with appropriate supporting artwork.
- Supports the development of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features. Works with engineering and product management peers to ensure the strategy is successfully implemented.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Sketch, InVision, InVision DSM, Miro, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Asana, Jira, Trello, Confluence and all Office Tools
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience in UI Design preferably in an agency setting with a sharp understanding of UX Design.
- UX Portfolio
- Experience leading design teams and establishing processes
- Agile scrum environment work experience preferred
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Proficiency in Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision, Axure and/or other related tools proficiencies.
- Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications
Experience with conversion testing and landing page/funnel optimization
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Proficiency with Adobe products Photoshop and MS PowerPoint
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Highly accomplished designer in the digital realm and an innovative self-starter with fantastic collaboration skills.
- Ability to push back when necessary in order to provide best experience and product outcomes.
- Possess empathy for users, knowledge of and passion for the entertainment industry.
- Ability to translate high level user interface designs or wireframes into pixel perfect artwork.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
JOB FAMILY:IT Business Relationship Management
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Chicago : WeWork National Building 125 S. Clark Street
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf