Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory's most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
The Ambassador operates as primary account sales management contact with customer account; with a focus to improve economic profitability; increase customer loyalty; secure retention; and drive value expansion and sales in all existing accounts and new accounts. Selling molecular lab tests and FISH Oncology Probe products, as well as, oncology medical devices to hospital labs, reference labs, and research labs.
- The territory covers the following states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in Seattle, WA or one of its suburbs.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Be the representative of Abbott and the Abbott Molecular Division (AMD) brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management. Will interact with Acquisition and Sales Specialist teams, Area/ Regional Marketing, Customer Support Center, Technical Service, and Finance. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions.
- Act as trusted partner to existing customers.
- Build, promote, and achieve targeted retention rate.
- Manage and drive development of accounts according to strategic account plan (e.g., value expansion and economic profitability).
- Deliver first line support and technical troubleshooting and elevate Level 2+ issues to service specialist to minimize overall cost to serve and coordinate order, delivery, and billing.
- Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement that impacts annual supply budget. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision-making.
- Communication of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns.
- Exhibits high level of integrity and honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact.
- Adheres to Abbott safety guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment.
- Extensive Travel: Must be able to 75% within assigned territory and other locations within the USA for business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology Preferred.
- Lab Experience in Molecular or FISH Cytogenetic Testing Preferred.
- Previous sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Cytotechnology lab experience preferred or current/previous professional experience in laboratory environment, field service, or technical call center.
- Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills; internet savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Negotiation skills.
- Commitment to a superior customer experience.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
DIVISION:CHMN Office of the Chairman
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf