Auto req ID
Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Wellingborough are currently looking to recruit HGV / PSV Technicians / Mechanics to join their team on a rotating shift pattern - 06.00-14.00 / 14.00-22.00 and alternate Saturday AM (paid at OT rate)
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
Superior workmanship and an eye for detail. The ability to work efficiently and effectively.
The desire to succeed and be part of a winning team.
If you have all of the above and more – then we want to speak to you.
At Volvo Trucks, we're offering you an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in our Service & Workshop team at our Volvo Truck and Bus Centre, based in Wellingborough. As a Technician, you'll be directly responsible for ensuring that vehicle repairs are carried out to the highest possible standard at this efficient and modern retail Dealer point. This in turn will help to sustain growth in customer confidence in the level of service provided by Volvo Trucks.
You'll be expected to have technical and practical competency when it comes to the repair and maintenance of HGVs, and you must be able to effectively communicate at all levels on a written and verbal basis. You should be flexible enough to adapt to new processes and develop new skills when required, and participate in training and development activities. We'll also expect you to be an active member of our busy team, while being competent enough to develop new working processes, or to enhance current ones.
We'll need you to:
· Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures, safely and responsibly
· Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate
· Assist in the fault diagnosis process
· Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty material on completion of each repair
· Assist with Action Service Europe when required
· Work with the Parts Team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted
· Road test vehicles when required (if you hold an HGV licence)
· Assist with roadside breakdowns
· Ensure company time recording procedures are complied with, and that job cards are completed accurately
· Ensure service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions
· Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop controllers
· Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
· Wear personal protective equipment when appropriate
· Support the development of young trainees and apprentices
Who are you:
You'll hold a City and Guilds, an NVQ3 or an equivalent qualification. You'll also have completed an apprenticeship in the HGV industry, or have equivalent experience, along with relevant experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
A basic knowledge of computer software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred, as is a general level of computer literacy.
Finally, we'd expect you to have a basic working knowledge of vehicle technology.
What's in it for you:
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you'll be working for one of the world's leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you'll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
· Competitive salary, OT and Bonus
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Contributory Pension scheme
· Training and development opportunities
· Health Care Plan
· Cycle to work scheme
· Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family
When you join Volvo, you'll be assigned a training path, enabling you to work through a number of courses both online and in person to develop your skills and support you in your new role.
With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
So, if you're genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Last application date
State / Province