Auto req ID
Group Trucks Purchasing
We are looking for a purchasing intern
You will join a professional team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic, and rewarding working climate. We value team players, with energy and creativity, who see opportunities where others see risks, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results.
As a Rubber & Cooling intern purchasing intern you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management, QDCFTSR, of the supplier base on your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
· Manage activities related to supplier relationships (meetings, documents, feedback, etc.)
· Support the buyers, purchasing manager, supplier quality engineers and project managers in their day-to-day activities
· Analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes and spend, etc.)
· Perform purchasing and sourcing activities, such as RFI's (Request For Information), and RFQ's (Request For Quotation)
· Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Self-motivated, taking initiative
· Analytical skills
· Ability to process information
· Business case development
· Project management
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
· Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
· Team interaction
· Problem solving
· Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Rubber & Cooling intern Bac + 4-5 // M/W
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group's mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions' by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Last application date
State / Province