Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
The Operations Graduate Development Program is an entry-level rotational program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group's global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end to end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
Volvo Group Trucks in Hagerstown, Maryland is a unique site, combining Technology and Operations on one campus. We blend powertrain engineering and innovation with production and technology to develop and manufacture the heart of the Volvo Group vehicles. Our Heavy Duty Engines, Automated Manual Transmissions and Axles are assembled for Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Bus, and Prevost Coaches.
To explore more about Hagerstown, visit http://www.volvogroup.com/hagerstown .
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Engine Product Line team is growing! We work cross-functionally to exceed our customers' expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is moving rapidly and to be a part of this big change is an exciting journey. The opportunities are endless if you are willing to join our team in the challenges ahead of us.
The team structure we use is cross-functional and autonomous in order to:
· Deliver volumes at the expected Quality/Safety/Cost targets
· Have accountability for the process and drive continuous improvement projects In this matrix organization, the role of the First Line Manager is key by:
· Caring for and developing employees
· Partnering with union (UAW)
· Securing communication and alignment among production team members and support functions
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your mission will be to support the managers by driving projects together. You will learn by job shadowing and internal trainings. Additionally you will have the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of experienced leaders. Our goal is to support your growth by giving you a broad and diverse preparation for a futureleadership role as first line manager.
Some examples of the projects and initiatives that you could lead are:
· Assist in developing the autonomous team way of working
· Identify best practices and expand e.g. 5S and Safety management
· Support some autonomous activities : AM
· Analyze team structures including skilled classifications
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a natural leader and see management positions as the direction you want to take for your career. You are interested in Manufacturing and are agree with Lean Methodologies. You have great communication skills and have already demonstrated your ability to work cross-functional, independently and to drive multiple challenges at the same time.
· A BSc or MSc in Engineering; a minor in Business Administration is preferred.
· Successful completion of degree in 2018, 2019, or not later than June 2020.
· Maximum two years of previous working experience, prior to or after graduation.
· Applicable internship or co-op experience.
· Experience or knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
· Good analytical and technical skills
· Fluent in English.
· Visa sponsorship (including OPT/CPT status) is not offered for this program; therefore, eligible candidates must have valid US work authorization. ARE WE A MATCH?
You will work in a global environment that provides you with development opportunities, both professionally and personally. We want you to prosper and be happy, because when you succeed, we succeed. We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us. So, if you are a person who is flexible, who rather see challenges as positive and is ready to take some actions? Then we are hoping to hear from you!
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
· Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
· Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
· Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
· Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
· Transparent and has respect for the individual
· Action oriented
· Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
· Admits mistakes and learns from them
· Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Attitude for self-development and a holistic view For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
· Cover Letter
· Letter of Recommendation Curious and have specific questions regarding the Operations Graduate Program or this role? Please send an email to VolvoNAOperationsGraduateProgram@volvo.com
Operations Graduate Development Program - Production Manager Trainee
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify