Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
The Operations Graduate Development Program is an entry-level rotational program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group's global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end to end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
The Volvo New River Valley Truck Assembly plant is responsible for producing ALL Volvo trucks for the North American market.In Dublin, Virginia, the Group Trucks Operations of the Americas has its corporate presence in conjunction with the New River Valley assembly plant. The Dublin facility has 300 management and support staff serving 2100 industrial workers. The plant assembles over one hundred Class 8 Heavy Duty Trucks daily.
Volvo Truck New River Valley Operation is undergoing a significant industrial transformation to prepare for the future of truck manufacturing. Join us on this exciting journey.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Logistics Dept. at Volvo Trucks New River Valley is a high energy group of colleagues passionate about continuous improvement. We are engaged and committed to meet our goals. We are proud of our achievements, have fun and celebrate our successes. We are empowered and have the courage to act. We see change and transformation as a source of inspiration and energy. We expect a lot from ourselves and others, and walk the extra mile to do a great job. We welcome new ideas, new energy and new perspectives.
In Dublin, Virginia, the Group Trucks Operations of the Americas has its corporate presence in conjunction with the New River Valley assembly plant. The Dublin facility has 300 management and support staff serving 2100 industrial workers. The plant assembles over a hundred Class 8 Heavy Duty Trucks daily.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Throughout the 15 month graduate program, you will complete five job rotations within the Volvo Group including the first within your home department of Logistics Engineering. These remaining rotations will include Industrial Engineering, Logistics Supervision, Material Planning, and leading a continuous improvement project team. After your rotations, you will gain responsibility for a section of the manufacturing line, supporting daily run time and implementing continuous improvement projects to improve material at point of use and thus delivery precision for our customers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Support teams with a well-design and detailed engineered process
· Support operations using Volvo Production System (VPS) tools to enhance manufacturing processes in compliance with Environment, Health and Safety, Quality and Productivity
· Analyze and continuously evaluate and improve logistics process efficiency through analysis, investigation and critical problem solving
· Establish and maintain accurate standards
· Persuasively interface with plant personnel to accomplish timing, manpower and production goals
· Ensure communication and the pride of teamwork/cross functional groups WHO ARE YOU?
· A BSc or MSc in Industrial Engineering or related discipline .
· Successful completion of degree in 2018, 2019, or not later than June 2020.
· Maximum two years of previous working experience, prior to or after graduation.
· Applicable internship or co-op experience.
· Experience or knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Flow or System Analysis.
· Good analytical and technical skills
· Fluent in English.
· Visa sponsorship (including OPT/CPT status) is not offered for this program; therefore, eligible candidates must have valid US work authorization. ARE WE A MATCH?
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
· Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
· Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
· Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
· Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
· Transparent and has respect for the individual
· Action oriented
· Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
· Admits mistakes and learns from them
· Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
· Instills trust
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
· Cover Letter
· Letter of Recommendation Curious and have specific questions regarding the Operations Graduate Program or this role? Please send an email to VolvoNAOperationsGraduateProgram@volvo.com
Operations Graduate Development Program - Logistics Engineer
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify