Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
The Operations Graduate Development Program is an entry-level rotational program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group's global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end to end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
Volvo Group Trucks in Hagerstown, Maryland is a unique site, combining Technology and Operations on one campus. We blend powertrain engineering and innovation with production and technology to develop and manufacture the heart of the Volvo Group vehicles. Our Heavy Duty Engines, Automated Manual Transmissions and Axles are assembled for Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Bus, and Prevost Coaches.
To explore more about Hagerstown, visit http://www.volvogroup.com/hagerstown .
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a smaller team of seven Logistics Specialists and Engineers focused on creating, optimizing, and supporting the processes of transporting material throughout the facility, as well as, to Production areas on time, in an efficient manners and with a Continuous Improvement mindset.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work cross functionally with Production and Supply Chain teams to secure delivery of the right product to the customer at the right place, time, quantity, condition and at the right cost.
· Lead and work within teams to collect and analyze logistics' wastes in order to prioritize improvement opportunities.
· Apply lean logistics methodology and techniques to implement process improvements.
· Conduct standard time calculations and generate standardized operating procedures for logistics personnel.
· Determine logistics support requirements such as facility details, staffing needs or safety or maintenance plans.
· Develop logistics metrics, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators for business units.
· Collaborate and network with other manufacturing facilities to establish best Supply Chain practices.
· Evaluate the use of current and future technologies to improve transportation efficiency.
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills :
· A BSc or MSc in S upply Chain or relatable engineering discipline.
· Successful completion of degree in 2018, 2019, or not later than June 2020.
· Maximum two years of previous working experience, prior to or after graduation.
· Applicable internship or co-op experience.
· Exposure to modeling software.
· Experience or knowledge of Logistics in Manufacturing is a plus.
· Good analytical and technical skills
· Highly skilled with Microsoft Office
· Fluent in English.
· Visa sponsorship (including OPT/CPT status) is not offered for this program; therefore, eligible candidates must have valid US work authorization.
ARE WE A MATCH?
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
· Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
· Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
· Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
· Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
· Transparent and has respect for the individual
· Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
· Admits mistakes and learns from them
· Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Attitude for self-development and a holistic view For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
· Cover Letter
· Letter of Recommendation Curious and have specific questions regarding the Operations Graduate Program or this role? Please send an email to VolvoNAOperationsGraduateProgram@volvo.co
Operations Graduate Development Program - Logistics Engineer
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify