Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations (GTO) . We are an organization of approximately 4,000 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world-class operational excellence for our customers, based upon smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV's. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Operation Business Analyst position is part of the Supply Planning & Dealer Inventory Management (SP/DIM) organization within SML NA. The SP/DIM organization is responsible for parts availability, backorder recovery, delivery precision and inventory.
The Operational Business Analyst is a member of a team working to ensure SP/DIM North America Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Performance Indicators (PI's) by performing reporting, analysis and proposal actions for Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, VCE and Penta. This position will also be part of, and be responsible for, key activities/projects to further develop the SP/DIM operations in North America. The Operational Business Analyst will monitor and analyze the SP/DIM KPI's and PI's, as well as have the opportunity to develop methods and processes for improving and innovating the planning process, reports and tools needed.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Regional Manager - Supplier Relationship Management and is located in Byhalia, MS.
· Provide follow-up on KPI's and PI's to the SP/DIM NA management. Analyze the impact on PI's and KPI's and develop proposals on mitigating actions
· Generate and follow-up on weekly KPI Dashboards and map major root causes and drive actions to sustain or fill the gap to target KPI
· Follow-up and development of life cycle segments together with Theoretical Optimization team
· Support SP/DIM NA teams by developing necessary follow-up tools and reports
· Support SP/DIM NA teams to create and maintain weekly or monthly communication packages
· Act as liaison between Operations and SP/DIM functions in implementing standard reporting across the SP/DIM organization
· Participate in continuous improvement activities within SP/DIM and be responsible for needed data mapping and analytics
· Work with the process network and Parts Linq maintenance team to secure process development and best practice implementations
· Create follow-up activities and reports, on own initiative and on request, within own team
· Act according to the Volvo values
· Other duties as assigned by Management Minimum Education and Experience
· BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
· 3 to 5 years of relevant experience preferred
· Experience working with logistics in a complex global supply chain
· Holistic view and ability to grasp the full supply chain
· Broad knowledge of the logistics area
· Knowledge of where to find relevant logistics data, how to retrieve it, and how to validate the data in terms of relevance, correctness and completeness.
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a global environment
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo's Values and the Code of Conduct Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills
· As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
· Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
· Ability to apply and analyze large amounts of data for developing projections and estimates
· Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve the current state
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
· Ability to compile and present findings and possible recommendations to a diverse audience
· Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of detailed tasks
· Comfortable learning new technologies
· Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships
· Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office applications)
Operational Business Analyst
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify