Auto req ID
Mission/Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to provide advanced administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, as well as performing various HR-related administrative tasks. Will also serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex administrative tasks. Use of critical thinking skills to anticipate issues before they arise and ability to prioritize and network with internal resources to complete tasks is highly important for success.
· Provide day-to-day administrative support to the SVP Human Resources and the VP of HR Center of Expertise (CoE)
· Manage calendar matters, including internal and external meetings to include establishing conference calls and coordinating meetings over multiple time zones
· Manage travel arrangements and trip tracking (flight, hotel, car, meeting coordination) and all related expense management
· Assist with agendas, presentations and other materials for meetings as requested to include the coordinator of other presentations from the network
· Expense Management Administrator (Chrome) to include obtaining HR approvals from audits, reconciliations, and will be a resource to others.
· Provide additional administrative and office support such as answering incoming phone calls, detailing messages, distributing mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, data entry and ordering supplies.
· Coordinates meeting arrangements and special events (onsite & offsite), including coordination of visitors, lodging, catering, audio-visual, etc.
· Enters and processes purchase orders, invoices, and expense reports, including reconciliation of corporate purchasing card in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the Volvo Group Purchasing policy
· Process expense reports, check requests and all invoices for HRBP's
· Provide support to the HRBPs with annual strategic processes such as talent calibration, reporting, headcount etc.
· Proactively manage office environment by coordinating facility and equipment issues
· Assist Volvo Health Office with budgets, supplies, etc.
· Manage various HR supported events such as Volvo Blood Drive, Bring your Child to work Day, and any other identified in support of HR
· Lead coordinator for various HR activities
· Related HR administrative functions and special projects as required Critical Competencies
· Ability to demonstrate business acumen and a desire to understand the big picture
· Ability to learn and understand company values and exemplifies them with professionalism
· Conveys a solid sense of purpose, responsibility and self-direction
· Demonstrates confidence, initiative, dependability, flexibility, and anticipates the needs of the team
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear manner
· Demonstrates organizational and planning abilities
· Self-starter with attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
· Exercises independent judgement to prioritize multiple projects
· Relationship understanding with approachable style and ability to establish rapport with peers, clients, executives and others both internally and externally
· Ability to work with individuals from different countries, cultures, backgrounds and organizational levels
· Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office Suite / Office 365 Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates
· Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required Preferred Experience and Knowledge
· 5-7 years' experience of administrative support, preferably in HR, with a minimum of 3 years of experience at an executive level preferred
· Experience in SAP HR a plus
Occasional travel will be required.
Executive Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
Travel Required (maximum)
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks is an iconic brand that embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. Mack trucks are recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On,” thanks to our durable, reliable and application-driven vehicles that get the job done. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify