Description de l'offre
Digital transformation is a journey and needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace. We work following agile principles fundamentals and we are looking for people who will help us develop challenging projects, sharing ideas and collaborating cross-functionally.
About the role
The Big Data Engineer will own the development, tests and maintenance of large scale processing systems based on Big Data (Hadoop related technologies) and aimed to provide insights to business critical decisions. This is a very hands on role, shifting data, data modelling and data transformation.
· Oversee and manage the creation, maintenance and deployment of the re-usable assets in the appropriate Big Data technology
· Explore opportunities for data acquisition
· Develop reliable data ingestion and preparation processes
· Employ a variety of languages and tools to properly integrate heterogeneous systems
· Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
Key competencies, knowledge and experience :
· Hands on expertise with multiple Big Data technologies (mastery level with at least one tool)
· Recognized expert in the appropriate Big Data technology with a significant track record of delivery solutions in that technology
· Able to communicate and influence effectively across a range of stakeholders
· Languages and tools: Hadoop / Cloudera / Scala / Python / Spark / Kafka
· Computer Science/Informatics/Informatics degree
We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We help you do your job in a way that suits you and give you opportunities to grow your skillset and progress throughout your career journey leveraging on learning opportunities in-house or participating to off-site conferences and events. At Vodafone Village you will find smart spaces equipped with foosball, ping pong and video-games and you will enjoy your place even more hosting the main Italian digital events and meet-ups.