Operations Utility Laborer
Veolia, a leading international hazardous waste management company, has an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Laborer in our Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
This position requires handling and transfer of hazardous material, waste sampling and tracking, loading/unloading trucks, and emergency response. High School diploma or equivalent (18 years or older) is required.
We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage.
Principals only. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D, committed to promoting a diverse workplace. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Ability to effectively communicate through reading and writing
· Ability to safely operate material handling equipment such as fork trucks, hand trucks, roll-off trucks, etc.
· Basic knowledge of chemical hazards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers. etc.)
· Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
· Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
· Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
· Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
· Perform general housekeeping duties.
· Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
· Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
· Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at various on-site locations.
· Act in a safe manner at all times to prevent accidents.
· Notify supervisor/manager of all incidents and accidents within established timeframes.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
· Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
· High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required.
· Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred.
· HAZWOPER training provided
· Forklift Certification