Utilities Maintenance Technician
Veolia is Ireland's leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of energy, waste and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment and building the circular economy.
Overview of the role:
This role will operate and maintain all site utilities within a site based team carrying out maintenance, fault finding, repairs and upgrades to site facilities and utility systems
Role will require the Technician to have a cross functional approach, working with the Site Supervisor to ensure that all equipment within Veolia's control is correctly maintained and repaired, maximising plant efficiency and the safety of all personnel at all times while maintaining and improving standards of health and safety, quality and good housekeeping and to report any shortcomings promptly.
General day to day of the role:
· To operate and Maintain water systems on site ensuring compliance with Legionella legislation at all times
· Identifying risks with the plant which have the potential to affect the Clients business
· Be proactive in identifying areas for improvement around the Client's site
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance, routine servicing and inspections as directed
· Issue Permit to Works and Isolation Permits for both site team and subcontractors.
· Must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of all systems within the Utilities and building services environment
· Conduct energy audits and reporting usage and findings
· Respond to the requests of operations by carrying out tasks associated with Breakdowns
· Provide effective feedback to the Site Lead to ensure that they are aware of any Facilities/ System/ Equipment/ Site Engineering abnormalities
· Provide absence and holiday cover within the wider team as required
· Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training
· Provide “on-call” cover on a rota basis with the other members of the site based team (1 in 4)
Experience required for success in this role:
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of compliance with government legislation
· Trade qualification Electrical/Mechanical/Building or relevant experience (HNC/OND)
· Full Driving License
· NEBOSH/IOSH highly desirable
· Work well with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
· Build effective working relationships
· Take ownership of personal development
· Knowledge of ISO management systems ISO 9001, 14000 and 18001
Please note : If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland
If you are a non - EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website
Ideal candidate profile