Veolia is seeking a Maintenance Technician to support operations at a composting facility in Baltimore. The Baltimore City Compost Facility, as operated by Veolia, composts approx. 40,000 wet tons per year of municipal biosolids thereby creating a 100% renewable resource from materials that historically were landfilled. The Maintenance Tech II inspects, maintains, repairs and installs mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic equipment.
Ideal candidate profile
- High school or GED with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude required, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Basic understanding of stick welding and willingness to train and increase experience in the field of welding.
- 2+ years experience in a related position in a similar environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to efficiently maintain, install and repair a variety of equipment which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench.
- Ability to inspect and diagnose process problems in multiple unit processes, troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software).
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.