HGV Driver / Operator (DGSA)
Veolia is Ireland's leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of energy, waste and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment and building the circular economy.
Overview of the role:
The role will be responsible for loading of chemical waste in bulk tankers and packages. The site is a very busy site and has a constant ongoing construction project as well as regular production.
This role may involve shift work (Initially 2 cycle and possibly 3 cycle eventually) may change to 12 hour rolling shift to cover 7 day operation.
Day to day of the role:
· Chemical loading/unloading of tanks and packages
· Labelling and placarding
· Tank/container positioning
· Spill cleaning
· 3rd party work crew supervision
· Management of various chemical/hazardous wastes
· Assist with the introduction of new technologies and procedures.
· Ensure that the activities on-site are in compliance with the site EPA licence, ADR and IMDG regulations and health and safety requirements of the site.
· Be available to respond to emergencies outside of normal working hours
Required skills for this role:
· HGV Licence (essential)
· ADR Licence for packages and tanks (essential) in the following categories:
· Tank Classes: 2,3,4.1,4.2,4.3 5.1,5.2, 6.1,6.2 8, 9,
· Package Classes: 2,3,4.1,4.2,4.3 5.1,5.2, 6.1,6.2 8, 9,
· IMDG awareness/training is an advantage
· Fork Lift Licence
· Safe Pass
· Manual Handling
· Experience in a Chemical Environment
· Loading/Unloading of Chemical Storage Tanks
· Computer skills
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland
If you are a non - EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website
Ideal candidate profile