Veolia is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and over 4000 employees in Australia.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century's biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
Veolia is now seeking a skilled and professional Estimator to join our Network Services Infrastructure team, based at Rocklea. The successful applicant will be responsible for estimating and leading the preparation of tenders and proposals for the Network Services Infrastructure Division
Key responsibilities include:
· Ability to allocate and coordinate work with internal and external resources;
· Coordinating proposal and tender work internally as required: update skills and current capacity matrix, manage bid task allocation for each critical proposals and follow-up on proposal work delivery;
· Liaising with potential contractors and manage contracted parties assisting in estimation work;
· Managing the preparation of proposals in accordance with the Proposals Management Procedure to ensure approval deadlines are met;
· Ability to adhere to company Safety procedures and policies;
· Present draft proposals to relevant approving managers;
· Develop positive relationships by liaising with internal stakeholders.
Ideal candidate profile
This position is ideally suited to an experienced Estimator with the following:
· Tertiary qualification and degree in Civil engineering (Desirable);
· Previous experience in the design, construction, condition assessment, and rehabilitation of water/wastewater network assets;
· Understanding of the construction methods, knowledge of the production rates and resources required to complete different types of civil construction tasks;
· Understanding of the project lifecycle and be able to apply and use first principles estimating;
· Previous experience using MS Project, Google Sheets and Google Documents;
· Current QLD Drivers Licence.
Applications must be received via the Veolia Recruitment Portal
NOTE: applications sent directly to HR will not be considered.
At Veolia we value diversity, equality and inclusion, we are committed to providing working environments where everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect. We welcome and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.