Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
Our Gulf Coast branch provides services for our customers located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. Within the Gulf Coast branch, Veolia operates a hazardous waste incinerator in Port Arthur, TX, a service center in Baytown, TX and a service center in College Park, GA. The Gulf Coast branch offers the following services: Lab Chemical Services, On-Site Services, Transportation, Household Hazardous Waste, Reactive Chemicals, Remediation, Training Services, Specialty Services, Drum Management, Incineration, Fuels Blending, Recycling and Radioactive Waste Management.
Job Summary :
Responsible for safely loading chemical waste, and by-product into tanker trucks, totes and/or drums. Responsible for verifying and filling out shipping paperwork in accordance with all state and federal regulations. Conducts daily inspections of loading areas and incoming/outgoing trucks to ensure operational success with hazardous and non-hazardous shipments. In addition, this role will be asked to support other portions of the site operations as needed in the event that loading is completed early.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs general housekeeping duties, maintains a clean, safe and compliant work area. Complies with all prescribed safety procedures and regulations. Report all incidents and accidents. Works safely and wears appropriate PPE for task.
• Loads hazardous and non-hazardous waste and by-product into tanker trucks, totes and/or drums.
• Loads hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment.
• Conducts daily inspections of loading areas and incoming/outgoing trucks to ensure operational success with bulk and chemical shipments.
• Moves material within the facility using appropriate equipment such as hand trucks, pallet trucks, forklifts, golf cart, etc.
• Verifies and fill out shipping paperwork in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Must be able to safely and properly label, lift, weigh, and store containers weighing up to 70lbs.
• Performs spill cleanup as well as participate in remediation projects in and out of the work area.
• Recognize various container size and types. Properly inspect segregate and consolidate all waste stored on site.
• Must be able to safely operator equipment such as balers, shredders, grinders, extractors, pumps, tanks and pressure washers.
• Review and maintain documentation related to the preparation and shipping of wastes and recyclable materials in accordance with regulations and company procedures, including shipping papers, manifest logs, etc.
• Have the ability to support other operations when there's a need.
• Must be able to work 8 or 12 hours shifts. (8 Hour Shift MON – FRI; Day Shift 6:30am – 6:30pm; Night Shift 6:30pm – 6:30am)
Ideal candidate profile
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
• HAZWOPER Certification
• Forklift Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to safely operate equipment
• Ability to work well in team environment
• Ability to operate independently