Unilever is urgently looking for an experienced occupational health nurse to join our group. The Occupational Health Nurse ensures quality health and social well-being of Unilever employees; minimise and possibly eradicate exposure to occupational health diseases on site. We provide occupational health services to employees and management of Unilever PLC. As a member of the occupational health team, your role will primarily involve carrying out immunisations, venepuncture, health screening and health surveillance programmes for Unilever employees in compliance with service protocols. You will also be involved in coordinating and delivering wellbeing initiatives in line with Unilever group and service strategy. If you're looking for a great team and a challenging, innovative, fun and energetic work environment, you are at the right place. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We aim to provide people over the world with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Interested applicants should urgently submit their recent CV/Resume and a cover letter as instructed accordingly. Only successful applicants who meet Unilever's corporate requirements will be contacted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary Health Care.
• Implement the OH site work plans and deliver on KPIs.
• Ensure OH surveillance is carried out and implement interventions
• Promotes, supervises, and performs prompt, effective medical assistance to employees in acute and chronic situations.
• Ensure site meets Unilever standards on OH.
• Administer First Aid and secondary treatment.
• Ensure site meets all Government legislation on OH.
• Ensure provision of primary health care on site.
• Conduct pre-placement medical to prevent any liability to the company and to prevent illness/injury to employees and colleagues.
• Developing and implementing health and safety programs.
• Developing wellbeing and disease prevention programs such as exercise, smoking cessation, nutrition programs.
• Documenting all employee injuries and tracking illnesses within the workplace.
• Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazards.
• Treating injuries and minor illnesses for employees, including follow-ups and referrals.
• Overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning.
• Counselling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward available resources and employee assistance programs.
• Monitoring the health status of employees and ensure site lamplighter & HIV/AIDs programmes are implemented.
• Investigate illness / injury episodes and trends to determine health and safety needs. Communicates this information to relevant stakeholders for the development of safety programmes
• Schedule, conduct and record checks on employees with chronic condition.
• Maintenance of accurate and up to date medical records and or reports to track employee health / illness and provide the company with the required data, keeping in mind the employee’s right to confidentiality.
• Conducting research on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposures.
• Plan, develop and administer the policies and procedures of the Company Medical and Occupational Health Department.
Ideal candidate profile
• Minimum Diploma/Degree in Clinical Medicine or Nursing (KRCHN)
• Occupational Health Nursing/Practice nursing experience.
• Registered with respective council with a valid certificate.
• Diploma /Certificate in Occupational Health.
• Certificate in Counselling will be an advantage.
• Certificate in Physical Assessment - Primary Health Care an advantage
• Computer literacy - Microsoft
• Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work in a pressurised environment.
• Excellent people skills and customer focus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Have up to date OH clinical knowledge and skills.
• Experience in delivering a combination of services in diverse industry sectors under a complex operational delivery mechanisms.
• PC literate with knowledge of windows and web packages.
• Enthusiastic, proactive and motivated.
About Unilever Plc
Unilever is a leading international consumer goods manufacturer with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. The company sells food, personal care products, detergents and household cleaners in over 190 countries, which are used by around 2.5 billion consumers every day and employs more than 161,000 people worldwide. Unilever includes some of the world's most famous and popular brands such as Knorr, Bertolli, Lipton, Dove, Shower Dax, Ax, Rexona, Coral, Omo, Langnese and Ben & Jerry's. Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We are one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies. We meet every day needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. If you are ambitious, keen to learn and want lo lead, you have come to the right place. Apply to be part of a company with more than 400 brands used by over two billion people everyday. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.