Ubisoft, one of the top companies specialized in game development worldwide offers you a great opportunity to join Kiev office of a stable, fast-developing company. We invite motivated, dynamic people who will be a great asset for our team. You will benefit from a learning environment allowing you to get hands on experience with the opportunity to constantly collaborate with other Ubisoft studios all over the world
· You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game online services and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
· You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major titles.
· Design, prototype, and implement the services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
· Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
· Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
· Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
· Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
· Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the new systems and features.
· Strong knowledge of Python and C++ programming (3+ experience)
· 1−3 years' experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
· Experience working with client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services;
· Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
· Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline
· Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
· Intermediate level of English.
What we offer:
· International AAA game projects;
· Access to cutting-edge hardware;
· Experience using hottest internally developed game engines;
· Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues;
· Opportunity to travel abroad to meet your colleagues from other studios or to participate in international conferences;
· Medical / Life insurance;
· English / French courses.
Due to the high number of applications which we regularly receive, regrettably we only respond to successful candidates. If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days then please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion, but don’t worry. We’ll retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.