Ubisoft Montreal is looking for an online programmer to join its Harbour team!
Working on online services for our productions, the online programmer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices written in C# on the Windows platform using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local or cloud technologies. As an online programmer, you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
What you'll do
· Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging, and supporting of online services.
· Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
· Offer quality support to production teams.
· Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
· Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development, and general web fields.
What you bring
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
· At least 3 years of experience in the following:
*RESTful web services using MVC Web API
*IIS (Internet Information Services)
*C# programming (.NET 4.5 and above)
*Database programming (SQL or NoSQL)
*Extensible distributed systems (scalability)
*Unit, integration, and load testing
· Be autonomous and resourceful
· Fast learner
· Attention to detail
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player
· Ability to easily adapt to changes and new concepts
· Able to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of Amazon EC2
· Interest in security
· Knowledge of Visual Studio
· Knowledge of SQL Server
· Agile Development
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.