Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
Online Programmers are key in delivering the enjoyable connected experience players have come to expect from the Ubisoft gaming experience. Online Programmers face multiple challenges in developing, integrating and maintaining high-end service platforms. They are critical in ensuring that millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience they can enjoy with their friends regardless of where and how they connect.
To equip them with the skillsets to excel in their role, successful candidates who are hired for the position will undergo a structured on boarding program and technical skills training by our internal experts, both locally and from the Ubisoft Group
· Assist with implementation of class-leading online features
· Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements
· Implement code that is modular, self-contained, defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work
· Do regular peer code reviews, identify potential issues within the code, raise flags and propose solutions
· Keep abreast of changes related to online gaming within the industry
· Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science and have at least 3 year of professional experience (excluding internships)
· Solid C++ programming and debug skills with ideally basic knowledge of other programming languages such as Python
· Knowledge about server and database programming, distributed systems, online services and basic security concept
· Shipped at least 1 game with online features
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in current gen consoles (PS4/XBoxOne) and their requirements is an asset
· Interest in the video game market and online gaming
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!