Your day-to-day missions
• Collect needs and specify the functionalities to be implemented from end users and Product Owners.
• Develop the different parts of the application from the user interface to data management.
• Implement, test and deliver functionalities according to our standards and following the Continuous Integration process.
• Provide support on day-to-day operations supporting Defect, Problem, and Crisis processes
• Be an active member of the team in terms of decision making and process improvements
• Contribute to the team continuous improvement through communication, documentation and automation
• Very vibrant position, many challenges for you to meet
• Team and projects on a human scale, sense of mutual support, high level of skills
• Agile method (SCRUM): PO/Sponsors who are caring, competent as well as demanding
What if it was you ?
You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program with an IT specialization.
A first experience in a full-stack developer role would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
• Experience with Java and/or Python
• Experience with HTML/CSS, Angular, Bootstrap
• Good knowledge of SQL language
Would be a plus
• Understanding of development cycles: SDLC, Agile, Continuous delivery
• Knowledge of Spring Boot, as well as Django or Flask
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Fast learner: you are able to own over your work quickly
• Team player : you have a sense of responsibility
• Proactive: you feel comfortable taking initiatives
• Flexible: you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, with rapidly changing priorities
• Result-oriented and analytical : you have a problem-solving mindset
*All our positions are open to people with disabilities
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you've come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
• Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
• Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow's world:
• Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
• Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health and of our employees at the top of our priorities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000NV7
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 04/01/2021
Date of publication: 29/10/2020