Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
· Conduct first level credit analysis for corporate counterparts by preparing concise, critical and well argued credit proposals
· Recommend credit limits in a partnership relationship with marketers based on bank's risk appetite and client's credit profile
· Conduct periodic credit facility renewal and maintain clear and updated documentation in all credit files including financial statements, financial spreading, credit applications, validation records, internal and external correspondence
· Expedite and monitor the credit approval process by liaising with marketers and approval officers
· Review and assess client's credit risk rating at least annually, or as driven by special events, based on internal and external ratings and analytical tools
· Follow up and improve on audit and internal credit compliance issues
· Monitor credit exposure, concentration risk, verify data accuracy, credit commitment and outstanding
· Report significant business events, financial trends, industry developments and other relevant issues relating to financial position of clients
· Assist in special credit related assignments and projects as required
Academic Background (degree & major)
· Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university (MBA or other professional qualifications such as CFA is preferred)
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how
· Fresh graduate or one with less than 2 year experience in a role of financial risk analysis or assistant corporate relationship manager.
· Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
· Basic knowledge on different bank products, particularly commercial banking/transaction banking products
· Basic knowledge of regulatory and Business environment in China
Skills & Competencies
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Mature, self-learning, and co-operative work behavior to engage various stakeholders
· Fluent in both speaking and writing.
· French will be a plus Computer Skill
· Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must)
Professional Qualification(if applicable)
· CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
Job Summary / Job Purpose
You are a member of the Credit Management China team based in Shanghai. Reporting to the Head of the department, you will provide balanced and objective credit assessments to business requests, and assume full analytical responsibility to support the overall credit approval process for target corporate clients
Credit Management Group is the analytical platform of Global Banking and Advisory supporting front office by providing corporate counterparty risk assessment on a transversal basis and client facing as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000KZM
Business unit: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 25/09/2020