Support the U.S. Sanctions Advisory team on matters related to OFAC/ Sanctions regulatory compliance (e.g., sanctions questionnaire escalations, transactional due diligence, FORCES and negative sanctions news). The position reports to the Head of Sanctions Advisory, and includes, but is not limited to, the following functions:
· Ability to conduct holistic client reviews considering product offerings, substance of client sanctions disclosures, and the sanctioned activity on behalf of SG globally, to determine whether sufficient controls are in place to mitigate any sanctions risk, including conducting a thorough review of the underlying documentation and performing independent research, using LexisNexis, Dow Jones and/or Orbis.
· Independently lead sanctions due diligence calls with large, sophisticated, global clients who express a preference to provide a verbal sanction disclosure.
· Investigate and review complicated investment deals and transactions for the various lines of business, and present the residual risks to senior decision makers, often under tight timeframes.
· Review and decision sanctions screening and negative news escalations arising from various aspects of the KYC process, including during client on-boarding and periodic reviews.
· Maintain thorough and accurate recordkeeping of all escalated matters, including logging the files on tracking spreadsheet and saving related communications.
· Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with business counterparts and global compliance partners.
· Develop and deliver targeted OFAC/ Sanctions trainings for various lines of business and supporting functions.
· Participate in special projects in support of the US Sanctions Compliance program, as requested.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to review and understand complex regulations.
· Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
· Ability to balance multiple, changing priorities in a dynamic and fast moving working environment.
· Well-versed on OFAC and EU sanctions compliance requirements.
Employee Specific Job Responsibilities:
· Bachelor's Degree
· Law Degree (strong preference)
The SGUS Compliance Department monitors the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities of SGUS and reports on the compliance risks and issues to SGUS and Global Compliance Senior Management. Additionally, the SGUS Compliance Department works closely with the Global Compliance Department in Paris to ensure effective implementation of Global Compliance policies and to coordinate all cross-border business transactions and activities. The SGUS Compliance Department is responsible for monitoring the handling of sensitive confidential business information by SGUS personnel through the Compliance Control Room. It administers the SGUS Employee Investment Policy, arranges for the registration of broker–dealer personnel, and conducts compliance training. In addition, the Advisory Team provides the various business lines with guidance and advice on relevant rules and regulations. The US Financial Crime department is responsible for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering (“AML”), Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and sanctions regulations for the US operations. Additionally, AML oversees key processes and risks of the KYC department.
Job code: 19000N5M
Business unit: SG AMERICAS OPERATIONAL SECURITIES
Starting date: 07/10/2019
Date of publication: 09/08/2019
OFAC Compliance Advisory Officer
Permanent contract | New York - United States | Legal / Taxation / Compliance
· Home Job Offers OFAC Compliance Advisory Officer
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale