Major Accountabilities / Principal Responsibilities
· Understand and adhere to the standards and procedures set out in SGCIB Global Policy, as well as relevant local regulatory requirements (including in respect of AML/CFT/KYC, tax, sanctions and embargoes matters);
· Perform 4-eyes checking and be accountable for the accuracy of the files in line with policy and procedures;
· Liaise and feedback all file inconsistencies to Outreach Analysts/KYC Analysts and ensure they are rectified before file validation;
· Assess the final Client risk rating and provide final validation on the KYC analysis;
· Take responsibility for the proper management of KYC files and client records in the information systems;
· Ensure timely completion of the files and prioritized workload to meet productivity targets, while quality remains at the highest standards;
· Identify problem areas and risks associated and make recommendations to improve the quality of KYC files and/or process efficiency;
· Advisory role for KYC Analysts & Outreach Analysts;
· Proactively highlight Audit and Compliance issues and ensure that all existing Audit, PS or Compliance recommendations are closed out in timely manner;
· Comply with all risks and regulatory obligations where relevant.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required
· Prior experience in KYC in a broker or investment bank environment;
· Ability to understand the client structure and the structure of a financial transaction;
· Understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information;
· Strong writing skills, capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way;
· Familiarity with Hong Kong AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues particularly in the banking and investments sectors, to ensure our KYC standard is compliant with local regulatory requirements;
· Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector - Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage;
· The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
· Ability to work under time pressure with high degree of accuracy;
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work within tight and changeable timeframes;
· Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision;
· Attention to detail, combined with a strategic and proactive work approach;
· Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements;
· Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations is part of the Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) division at Société Générale. The division is responsible for the SGCIB's Onboarding, KYC and Client Reference and Regulatory processes. Its mission is to grow our client knowledge and deliver a seamless experience throughout the client lifecycle, whilst protecting the Bank.
KYC is responsible for the following roles:
· Coordinators of client onboarding and outreach: facilitating client navigation in the organization
· Data stewards: ensuring clients are ready to trade and maintaining data quality
· KYC, Tax & Investors protection regulation experts: fulfilling our regulatory obligation to protect Société Générale and our clients
· Partners: assisting our collaborators throughout the organization in making our relationship with our clients a unique experience
· Keepers: establishing the normative framework between Société Générale and its clients.
The Existing Client Management team is a key pillar of the KYC team which support the bank's anti-money laundering system. Its mission is to ensure the bank is compliant with its obligation of client identification and due diligence on a worldwide basis and to provide the institution with adequate and complete client information.
The KYC Quality Control (QC) Analyst is accountable for the accuracy of the file in line with policy and procedures and in addition responsible for final validation of the file from a KYC perspective. Through an independent Checker role, he will ensure high quality standards are maintained, assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with processes and make recommendations to improve the quality of KYC files. He will serve as a key support resource for delivering guidance to KYC analysts and Outreach analysts. The KYC QC Analyst should be well versed in the latest AML/KYC and regulatory requirements (HKMA, MAS, etc.) and how they are applied within our organization.
Job code: 19000KKR
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 09/08/2019
KYC Quality Control Analyst
Permanent contract | Hong Kong | Banking Operations
· Home Job Offers KYC Quality Control Analyst
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale