If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
· Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups . Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
· Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
· Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
· Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
With the support of the SG MSC teams, you will:
· Collect needs and specify the functionalities to be implemented
· Develop the different parts of the application from the user interface to data management
· Implement, test and deliver functionalities according to our standards
· Develop existing tools and/or create new tools to facilitate the team's various activities
In this position, you will be given a lot of autonomy, will have to make decisions and be able to communicate on the progress of your projects.
· Very vibrant position, many challenges for you to meet
· Team and projects on a human scale, sense of mutual support, high level of skills
· Agile method (SCRUM): PO/Sponsors who are caring, competent as well as demanding
YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Java and/or Python development
· Web development (HTML/CSS, Angular, Bootstrap)
· Knowledge of SQL language
· Analysis’ results communication (by using visualization tools)
Would be a plus
· Knowledge of Spring Boot, as well as Django or Flask
· Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
· Understanding of the Agile Method is an asset
· Fast learner: you are able to own over your work quickly
· Team player : you have a sense of responsibility
· Proactive: you feel comfortable taking initiatives
· Flexible: you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, with rapidly changing priorities
· Result-oriented and analytical : you have a problem-solving mindset
*All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
*Please note that this is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Internship.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility matters such as contributing to the protection of the environment or giving back to the local communities ?
Several Employee Resource Groups have been put in place at Société Générale in Canada to help you achieve a sense of fulfilment towards causes that matter the most to you !
Get on board and get involved! We are here to support you !
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000HXB
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 02/09/2020