Help identify business cases, deliver prototype to quickly test if value can be generated.
Work with business and technology teams to design and supervise the implementation of data science and machine learning techniques in Asia.
Apply data-driven analysis to model quantitative relationships, extract informational value, and formulate forecasts and actionable conclusions.
Promote the emergence of a pool of junior data science talents, provide soft guidance and help in the optimal allocation of these talents to projects.
Contribute to the technology watch on data technologies; stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices in the data science/machine learning fields and use such product and market knowledge to guide scoping discussions with business units.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
· Master degree or PhD in a data-science or related field.
· Strong interest of financial markets, econometrics and trading.
· 5+ years of experience using machine learning, performing data mining and statistical modeling.
· Operational skills
· Strong Python programming skills
· Proven usage of Python statistical and machine learning libraries
· Good knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
· Knowledge of object oriented languages (C#, Java) is a plus
· Ability to display a clear interpretation, communication, and presentation of results
· Foster a collaborative open-minded environment
· Genuinely curious and passionate about state of the art solutions
· Responsible and courageous to speak up to highlight potential flaws in solution and predictive power
· Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
· Technological & digital savvy
· Results oriented
· Ability to cooperate
· Thinking out of box
· Being courageous
· Simplification mindset
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
SG Global Business Services Unit Data Office is a catalyst to foster the appropriation by the businesses of their data patrimony to transfrom their business model. Its mandate includes providing data expertise such as data science along with application development team to evaluate and deliver solutions. The Offensive Data setup team focuses on the following data driven use cases:
· Reporting & Business Intelligence
· Anomaly & Pattern Detection
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FKK
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/09/2020
Date of publication: 05/08/2020