Description of the Business Line or Department
SG Markets is Societe Generale's suite of B2B digital products and applications for start-ups, corporate and financial institutions.
We are the UX Design team of the Corporate & Investment Banking division. So far with our team of ~20 designers we have delivered over 100 services on the SG Markets platform over 4 years and developed one of the most advanced Design Systems in a Bank. Our mission? To lead change and make great products with a seamless user experience.
Our team structure is flat and transversal – this means that we don't isolate ourselves in a studio, but we're not completely dispersed either. Instead we sit openly on the trading floor collaborating with business teams, IT and each other. Our flat team structure means that every single person on the team is heard – we don't worry about where ideas come from, we only want to find the best solutions.
Our ideal candidate?
We're looking for a talented design systems designer who can make an impact on us, and on the products that we work on. We love diversity and we're open to all backgrounds. As long as you can show us your expertise and passion for design systems, your ability to craft high-quality components and patterns and excellent organizational skills, we would love to have you work with us.
As a systems designer, we'd like you to be able to help evolve and maintain our design system, working closely with other UX designers, tech-leads and front-end developers. You should be able to use your analytical skills to frame and tackle problems efficiently, coordinate requests from the community while empowering everyone, from designers to developers, to build products efficiently and consistently.
We're looking for a team-player who is going to provide a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rational, methodologies and frameworks, customer data, and industry trends. You should be able to understand metrics and know how to use them to drive projects and make decisions.
· Around 5 years or more experience in designing digital products and systems. A big plus would be to see real results from one of your designs that people use.
· An appreciation of complex systems and an ability to understand and deal with data-heavy interfaces. We especially value experience in finance, but it's not essential.
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience in design systems, web accessibility, insights synthesis, data driven design.
· Ability to think at a system level: understand how all the parts fit together and how small changes propagate.
· Ability to create interactive and clear prototypes with design tools (Adobe XD, Invision) or in the browser with HTML and CSS. Some understanding of Bootstrap and web component technologies would also be great!
· Communication and building trust with partners, as well as establish long-term relationships with confidence.
· A portfolio of work demonstrating all of the UX and Design skills detailed above.
· Self-motivated. We really value people who take initiative and can be trusted to do things on their own.
· Interest in disciplines outside of pure interface design. Our design team has the opportunity to deal with product management, engineering, research, analytics and data science (to name a few), so show us what you're passionate about outside design!
· Although we try and avoid it, there's a lot of ambiguity in design. We want to see you own problems and have a desire to make things better, even when they aren't specifically defined.
Where will you be working?
You'll be working in our London or Paris office. There will be opportunities to travel to other offices (Paris, London, Luxembourg, New York, Montreal, Hong Kong, Bangalore, etc.)
We love travel in the team and we have bi-annual team meetups in Paris or in London (alongside travel for international projects as needed). There will also be opportunities to attend the biggest UX events and conferences around the world.
If you think you have what we're looking for, then please apply here with your CV and a Portfolio of your work and our HR team will be in touch!
We're a diverse bunch at Societe Generale and we believe in people as the core to our success. As a result we're committed to talent and recruit regardless of sex, martial or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000R0A
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 02/12/2019
Date of publication: 10/10/2019