Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
A passion for scrutiny.
Our Platform Engineers design robust, reliable, and resilient infrastructures to support our customer’s signalling systems, complying with the demanding standards that must be fulfilled in railway projects. They analyse customer’s needs, requirements, and products’ application conditions, in order to specify the adequate hardware platform on which the system should run to achieve the best performance. They define the redundancy and high availability mechanisms that will provide the system with adequate reliability and resilience. They prepare the automatic deployment mechanisms to easily configure the equipment that will be delivered to the customer. The Platform Engineer configures and fine-tunes the underlaying Linux OS, hardens the system, carries out vulnerability analysis and manages security patching in such a critical infrastructure. Join our team and we will foster your continuing professional development and an exchange with colleagues from all over the world. One thing is certain: your ideas will not be filed away, but almost always find their way into company practice. Worldwide.
Siemens is looking for infrastructure architects and experienced system administrators for the Engineering Department within the Mobility division. The Platform Engineer will be involved in the specification, design, implementation, deployment, testing, commissioning, and administration of the system throughout the project’s life cycle safeguarding its robustness, reliability, and resilience to ensure the availability of the service.
Besides, the Platform Engineer will be part or a team eager for innovation and looking forward to modernizing and evolving traditional railway infrastructures towards virtualized and cloud solutions.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
Activities and Responsibilities:
• Report progress of platform activities in projects.
• Ensure the assigned activities are done according to projects goals and schedule plans.
• Ensure the assigned design, implementation, tests and commissioning activities are done according to project requirements
• Participation in the traceability of requirements of the project.
• Generation of technical specifications.
• Participation in the generation of the system’s hardware architecture and the bill of materials for the project.
• Participation in the generation of the different platform design documents and drawings.
• Generation and management of design change requests.
• Generation of the deployment mechanisms, Preproduction environments, and testing and commissioning procedures.
• Implementation, test and commissioning of hardware and software solutions.
• System administration and support during project’s execution phase.
• Generation of manuals and training documentation.
• Provide customer training.
• Provide support to the installation and maintenance works.
• Collaboration and support to other engineering teams.
• Communication and collaboration with other engineering areas and Mobility departments.
• Proactively identifies areas of innovation, opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
• Contribute to evolve traditional industrial architectures to modern, virtualized and cloud infrastructures.
Requirements - Education/Experience:
• University or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Computer/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent degree.
• Knowledge or work experience in railway or industrial systems and technologies (Good to have)
Requirements - Skills:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to foster effective work in a cross-functional, multinational and diverse environment.
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Continuous improvement mind-set as a must.
• Goal driven with customer orientation and teamwork skills.
• Proactive, self-driven and autonomous work.
Requirements - Experience in the following technologies and fields of knowledge will be valued:
• Ability to understand and assess large SCADA-type systems which integrate heterogeneous products and subsystems in industrial environments.
• IT infrastructures knowledge: workstations, servers, clustering and High Availability IT architectures, application servers (JBoss), SQL databases, SAN storage, NAS, network protocols, etc.
• Experience in designing, architecting, deploying, and administrating systems based on GNU/Linux (RHEL/CentOS distros) and MS Windows machines.
• Strong knowledge in Linux System Administration, both physical and virtualized: Shell Scripting, bash, automation, performance tuning, monitoring.
• Cybersecurity-related knowledge: Linux OS hardening, SElinux, SSL/TLS, firewalling, vulnerability management, security patching, PKI, MS Windows GPOs, antimalware protection, Active Directory (Good to have)
• Virtualization: VMware (Good to have)
• Microservices architecture, Kubernetes, Dockers, Openshift (Good to have)
• Cloud architecture knowledge: On Premise Cloud, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) (Good to have)
• Programming knowledge: C, Java, Python (Good to have)
• Experience in Agile methodologies: SCRUM (Good to have)
• Fluent Spanish spoken and written.
• English: B2 or equivalent, mandatory.
• Willingness to travel worldwide when required.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time