During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Discover Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a multifaceted and motivated intern to join us now for a period of 3 months to join anywhere within the UK.
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
STAR-CCM+ provides CFD solutions across industrial sectors such as aerospace, automotive, nuclear and chemical processing, to name a few. Multiphase flows are encountered in many industrial systems within these sectors. Stratified flows, droplet sprays and fluid films are just some examples of multiphase flows presenting unique and tough challenges for simulation engineers today. STAR-CCM+ offers a wide variety of solutions to such challenges, for instance, employing multiphase models like Eulerian-Eulerian, Volume Of Fluid or Lagrangian in combination with adaptive mesh refinement capabilities to successfully simulate complex engineering systems. Additionally, novel modelling methods, critical engineering thinking and collaborative expertise puts STAR-CCM+ at the leading edge of software technology for modelling multiphase flows.
We are looking for a motivated undergraduate, or recent graduate, with a strong interest in CFD simulations for multiphase flows.
You will get the opportunity to:
· Perform validation/verification studies using multiphase models.
· Document multiphase simulations and archive test cases for reuse and repurpose
· Test different hybrid multiphase methodologies in multiple flow regimes: Fluid-film & dispersed flows, adaptive mesh refinement in spray-jet flows with droplets, bubble/droplet size distribution in dispersed flows, etc.
· Evaluate the performance of novel multiphase models in industrial applications.
· Create simple tests for multiphase model verification
· Recently graduated, or currently enrolled at a university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Aerospace Engineering, or another closely related field.
· Experience running multiphase CFD simulations. Preferably using STAR-CCM+
· Knowledge and experience running academic and/or industrial multiphase CFD simulations, and of their applications.
· Ability to analyse and document results in technical reports as well as present to an audience.
· Work effectively both independently and in teams in a virtual environment .
We are Siemens
We proud ourselves of having created a flat organizational structure, work on exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and provide exciting career prospects.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time