· Mount Pleasant, United States of America
Gas and Power
Development Engineering Assistant
Mount Pleasant, PA
In this role, you will be a hands-on active development function incorporating aspects of field servicing tooling design, manufacturing, and testing. The expectations are that the person filling position will be able to read, interpret, and modify drawings and to fabricate piece parts and mechanical assemblies through machining or other processes, such as additive manufacturing/3D printing, as part of an integrated tooling development team. You will also provide live feedback to development team members on item elements such as manufacturability, tolerancing, interchangeability, and general functionality and applications.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
1. Develop design concepts, layout components, identify/specify material requirements, fabricate and machine components, modify, repair, and assemble a wide range of field service tooling fixtures and equipment.
2. Oversee inventory of stock materials to support machine shop operations in the development area.
3. Develop and maintain documentation and records to the extent required by management
4. Develop and control complex CNC programs
5. Work within CAD programs to refine designs and establish appropriate tolerances. Conform to expected drafting, tolerancing, revision history standards in place in for the development group.
6. Work with design engineers to assure manufacturability of new or existing designs
7. Design and fabricate fixtures, jigs and devices to support advanced machining operations.
8. Support the activity of field technicians temporarily assigned to PSC in support of development activities.
9. Develop and qualify new tooling and applications to improve TGSS performance on existing field service capabilities and to support new field service offerings.
10. Assist in the control and calibration of measuring and test equipment.
11. Develop and implement quality control plans for machined and fabricated parts and assemblies
12. Perform Field assignments as required.
13. Consult/assist field service personnel during field application of tooling.
14. Perform component maintenance/refurbishment activities as required.
15. Assist in training others in processes and systems.
16. Maintain machine shop equipment.
17. Maintain a safe, neat and orderly workplace.
18. Perform other work of an equal or less complex nature as directed.
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
• Daily interaction/contact with development engineers and warehouse personnel on tool development and maintenance activities.
• Daily interaction/contact with PSC product line personnel on tooling and development issues.
• Weekly contact with management for consultation, direction and assignments.
• Occasional contact with tooling suppliers on tool development and performance issues.
• Weekly contact with field personnel on use/performance of tooling.
• Work with minimal supervision under the guidance and direction of development engineers and product line supervision.
• 2 or more years technical education in Engineering, Manufacturing or Machining technology or equivalent Journeyman program completion.
• Completion of pre-engineering coursework in the following example subject areas: mathematics, materials, physics, geometry, electricity, electronics, hydraulics, product design, chemistry.
• Proficiency with CAD programming on a common platform such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, KeyCreator, etc.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Programs – specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Up to four (4) years of proven hands on machining experience in machining operations, including, but not limited to, drilling, boring, turning, cutting, milling and threading. Must be experienced with both manual and CNC machines, including programing CNC equipment.
• Demonstratable working knowledge with CAD programs (examples Key Creator, AutoCAD, Siemens NX, Solidworks, or equivalent as evaluated by current development engineers in the development group)
• Up to five (5) years' experience in the development and maintenance of mechanical or industrial equipment.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Desired to have the capability to integrate additive manufacturing type processes into the development of new products.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182320
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019