Our contributions sometimes aren't very apparent - but our innovations have made history. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a dynamic Energy Engineer to support our Building Performance & Sustainability Division.
As an Energy Engineer, you will conduct facility site visits, analyze current situation and produce facility improvement measures (FIMS) plans. We work in a team environment as a part of which our Engineers support the sales and operations teams in the development, procurement and execution of performance contracts and proposals.
Do you enjoy using your expertise in performing Energy Audits? You will also perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify FIMS and/or opportunities. Coordinating and leading facility visits and communicating with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS are also other leadership responsibilities.
Using your Engineering background, you will be working with drawings, analyzing blue prints and performing site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
As a Siemens Energy Engineer, you utilize building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software. You will also develop design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMS.
The following topics are detailed descriptions of the responsibilities and requirements for a Siemens Energy Engineer. This position could be located in Indiana, Illinois or Minnesota.
Performs preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities. Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential energy services projects. Monitors project performance. Manage relationships with current and as well potential future customers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
* Coordinates and lead facility site visits and communicate design concepts with outside vendors, consultants, or Siemens project managers as it pertains to the scope of the FIMs.
* Develops and/or reviews design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back-up data to verify FIMS.
* Utilize financial spreadsheets to prepare project FIM by FIM cost and savings financial models, including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return.
* Performs preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities. Take or supervise equipment measurements, data logging, and equipment trending necessary to develop energy savings opportunity.
* Directly work with Energy Services staff with building energy simulation programs or excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy savings as well as analyze operational costs to identify operational savings.
* Supports the development of preliminary and final energy services proposals.
* Participates in client meetings and presentations.
* Provide project development assistance to sell stand-alone energy service projects or development of LEED sustainable solutions.
Required Education & Experience
* BS or MS in engineering or applicable degree.
* 2+ years of experience in energy engineering.
* Experience working within a team environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs. Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability ofSiemens automation products and ability to use other building automation systems trending functions. Proficiency with building modeling programs.
* Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
* Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, building control systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic water systems.Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes.
* Knowledge of local codes and regulations specific to the market.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
* Presentation skills are required.
* Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
* Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Education & Experience
* Certifications: CEM and EIT (FE) preferred
* Reports to Energy Services Operations Manager
* Works internally with Energy Engineers, Project Managers, Sales Account Executives, Service Operations Team, Zone Operations Center, Digital Services Center and Zone Technical Center.
* Works externally with customer representatives, Utility Company Contacts, 3rd Party Consultants, and Sub- Contractors.
* Work is generally performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
* Some time will be spent at customer locations. That may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may have a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
* Some physical requirements such as reaching, climbing, standing and bending.
* Ability to work extended hours occasionally as required.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Responsible for project development and supporting Energy Engineering teams necessary to meet Energy Services sales targets. Accurately calculated or review energy savings calculations on projects to meet sales targets with no savings shortfalls.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .