The Remote Energy Engineer (REE) is an integral part of development, implementation and on-going support of Performance Contracting and Energy Service offerings from Siemens.
The REE performs, coordinates and/or leads the development and ongoing analysis of new building automation projects in the Digital Service Center (DSC). The DSC team provides service agreement analysis for fault detection and diagnostics for Siemens branches across North America. After project onboarding, the REE monitors project performance and reports findings to the customer. The REE will work with branch sales and operations in developing account strategies to grow the energy services business of Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
· Leads (Enterprise) or assists in the development of energy calculations reports, contract exhibits and provides technical proposal review
· Assists in the development and implementation of measurement, fault detection/diagnostics (FDD), performance assurance plans and utility monitoring plans
· Drives onboarding of new FDD clients
· Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist (DSS) to identify and select rules to be applied for Fault Detection Analytics
· Develops project structure and equipment parent/child relationships for use by the DSS
· Collaborates with DSS during metering setup and point discovery
· Ensures current functionality of reporting needed prior to field implementation
· Navigator energy report generation
· Analyze and approve energy reports for customers
· Reviews energy data and provides analysis
· Retro commissioning of building operations
· Becomes a subject matter expert of Facility Improvement Measures for HVAC systems
· Recommends FIMs in alignment with the customer's energy goals
· Follows building optimization plan and M&V plan
· Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings
· Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist to review faults that may have an energy impact or suggest system changes that could improve operational efficiency
· Reviews faults that may have an energy impact or suggest system changes that could improve operational efficiency
· Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities
· Develops and effectively communicates to the customer long-term energy and sustainability strategies for standalone, campus and enterprise portfolios. Plans include operational and capital improvement recommendations.
· Develops a holistic energy plan, taking into consideration the relationship and interdependency of multiple building systems and their equipment
· Consults in the development of Digital Service Center Offerings
· Presents Digital Service Center offerings to potential customers and ensures offerings and deliverables meet the customers' needs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· BS in mechanical engineering or applicable technical degree.
· 4 - 8 years of energy management or systems design experience
· Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives
· 5 % travel required
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Certification: CEM and Engineer in Training (EIT) or PE
· Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability building automation systems trending functions.
· Familiarity with building modeling programs.
· Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses
· Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
· Knowledge or facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting, maintenance best practices, HVAC energy efficiency measures
· Familiarity with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification for design/build projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Mentors and trains other Remote Energy Engineers
· Works independently with minimal supervision
· Manages deliverable deadlines
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .