· Austin, Texas
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 248141
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Remote Energy Engineer (REE) is an integral part of development, implementation and on-goingsupport ofPerformance Contracting andEnergy Service offerings from Siemens.
The REE performs, coordinates and/or leads the development and ongoing analysis of new building automation projects in the Digital Service Center (DSC). The DSC team provides service agreement analysis for fault detection and diagnostics for Siemens branches across North America. After project onboarding, the REE monitors project performance and reports findings to the customer. The REE will work with branch sales and operations in developing account strategies to grow the energy services business of Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
· Becomes a subject matter expert of Facility Improvement Measures for HVAC Systems
· Assists in the development of energy calculations reports, contract exhibits and provides technical proposal review
· Assists in the development and implementation of fault detection/diagnostics (FDD), performance assurance plans and utility monitoring plans
· Reviews faults that may have an energy impact or suggest system changes that could improve operational efficiency
· Reviews energy data and provides analysis
· Recommends FIMs in alignment with the customer's energy goals
· Ensures current functionality of reporting needed prior to field implementation
· Navigator energy report generation
· Analyze and approve energy reports for customers
· Retro commissioning of building operations
· Develops and effectively communicates to the customer long-term energy and sustainability strategies for standalone, campus and enterprise portfolios. Plans include operational and capital improvement recommendations.
· Develops a holistic energy plan, taking into consideration the relationship and interdependency of multiple building systems and their equipment
· Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities
· Drives onboarding of new FDD clients
· Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist (DSS) to identify and select rules to be applied for Fault Detection Analytics
· Develops project structure and equipment parent/child relationships for use by the DSS
· Assist DSS with metering setup and point discovery
· Follows building optimization plan and M&V plan
· Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings
· Presents Digital Service Center offerings to potential customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· BS in mechanical engineering or applicable technical degree
· Certification: Engineer in Training (EIT) required
· 2 - 4 years of energy management or systems design experience
· Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Basic familiarity with HVAC system, electrical systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope and domestic water system technologies / design
· Understands components and operation methods of Air Handling Units, Chillers, Boilers, Pumps, and Air/Water Distribution. Including physical and programmed components.
· Basic knowledge of facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting, maintenance best practices, and HVAC energy efficiency measures
· Familiarity with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification for design/build projects
· Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability building automation systems trending functions
· Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energyanalyses
· Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies
· Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes
· Self-motivated to expand knowledge of building systems
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Manages deliverable deadlines
· Pursues educational and training opportunities
· Seeking certification as a CEM, EPM or PE
· Able to adjust communication style to work with a variety of roles and interested parties
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019