· Austin, Texas
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247846
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market
leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and
system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection;
life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995,
Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide,
including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center
Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and
the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Remote Energy Engineer (REE) is an integral part of development, implementation and on-going support ofPerformance Contracting andEnergy Service offerings from Siemens.
The REE performs, coordinates and/or leads the development and ongoing analysis of new building automation projects in the Digital Service Center (DSC). The DSC team provides service agreement analysis for fault detection and diagnostics for Siemens branches across North America. After project onboarding, the REE monitors project performance and reports findings to the customer. The REE will work with branch sales and operations in developing account strategies to grow the energy services business of Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
· Leads (Enterprise) or assists in the development of energy calculations reports, contract exhibits and provides technical proposal review.
· Assists in the development and implementation of measurement, fault detection/diagnostics (FDD), performance assurance plans and utility monitoring plans.
· Drives onboarding of new FDD clients
· Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist (DSS) to identify and select rules to be applied for Fault Detection Analytics
· Develops project structure and equipment parent/child relationships for use by the DSS
· Assist DSS with metering setup
· Ensures current functionality of reporting needed prior to field implementation
· Navigator energy report generation
· Analyze and approve energy reports for customers
· Reviews energy data and provides analysis
· Retro commissioning of building operations
· Becomes a subject matter expert of Facility Improvement Measures
· Recommends FIMs in alignment with the customer's energy goals
· Follows building optimization plan and M&V plan
· Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
· Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist to review faults that may have an energy impact or suggest system changes that could improve operational efficiency.
· Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities.
· Develops and effectively communicates to the customer long-term energy and sustainability strategies for standalone, campus and enterprise portfolios. Plans include operational and capital improvement recommendations.
· Develops a holistic energy plan, taking into consideration the relationship and interdependency of multiple building systems and their equipment.
· Presents Digital Service Center offerings to potential customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· BS in mechanical engineering or applicable technical degree.
· 2 – 5 years of energy management experience
· Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Certification: CEM and Engineer in Training (EIT) or PE
· Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability building automation systems trending functions. Familiarity with building modeling programs.
· Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energyanalyses
· Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
· Knowledge or facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting and maintenance best practices
· Familiarity with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification for design/build projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Leads and mentors other Remote Energy Engineers
· Works independently with minimal supervision
· Manages deliverable deadlines
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019