· Princeton, New Jersey
· Research & Development
Organization: Corporate Technology
Business Unit: Research in Digitalization and Automation
Requisition Number: 240992
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Do you dream about better ways how millions of devices can process complex data streams? How they power critical infrastructure and industries? Do you want to make real what matters?
If you answered YES ! to these questions and more alike, come and join our team NOW , we NEED you!
SIEMENS Corporate Technology is looking for a talented Researcher with deep know-how and interest in Stream Computing and Complex Event Processing on the Edge, who would like to join our Distributed Computing Research Group of the “Internet of Things” Technology Field, in Princeton, NJ.
We need your help to build the world's most advanced stream computing software solutions, in collaboration with our partner startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies. We're currently bringing on talented engineers and researchers like you to work on our society's most complex IoT systems!
Our team is composed of makers, innovators, architects and scientists with deep technical expertise, who are passionate about disruptive technologies in the areas of Distributed, Cloud and Embedded Computing. Our deliverables enable the successful transformation of the technology trends in IoT into the business of the future for a multitude of customer products and services.
Candidates in these areas with advanced degrees who have research background in these topics with the skills and interest in applying their research and introducing innovative technologies into Siemens products are encouraged to apply!
Our team is located in the wonderful Princeton NJ, a university town packed with outstanding international talent that provide a unique feel to this true cultural gem in the state. The town has plenty of activities to offer, but for those looking for more, at just about 1h drive we have NYC or Philly! We have the best public schools in the country and all of the above glued together by a very active and welcoming community!
· MS required, PhD preferred in Computer Science or a related discipline
· 3+ years of related experience, including PhD work
· Multiple recent publications in leading conferences/workshops or patent applications on the subject of stream computing and complex event processing
· Ability to build real-world solutions with at least two of the following frameworks: Apache Storm, Kafka, Flink, Spark, Samza, Edgent, NiFi, Timely Dataflow
· Experience writing software for resource constrained/embedded devices on a system/OS level with C and/or C++
· Expertise to write maintainable, scalable code in another programming language
· Expertise in general Distributed Computing paradigms and technologies
· Skills to architect dynamic, distributed systems that process data both on the edge and in the cloud, taking into account the limitations of resource-constrained devices and networks
· Familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform and its stream processing and edge computing solutions
· Motivation to learn and use new technologies, work under uncertainty at fast pace, with ability to multitask and make key contributions to several projects
· A Github-profile with contributions to relevant projects or an active community profile on StackOverflow
· Experience with NoSQL/distributed storage frameworks
The candidate will be responsible for:
· Prototyping new stream computing/complex event processing technologies in collaboration with technology startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies
· Evaluating new technologies for application within Siemens
· Seeking advocacy from appropriate Siemens business units on potential use cases
· Educating and transferring technologies to Siemens business units for product implementations
· Collaborating with others, both within and outside Siemens, to develop successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens strategic direction.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found onhttps://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019